METRIC maps the regional transport innovation capacity and identifies the competitive advantage of regions. Based on their strengths, guidelines for the preparation of regional innovation roadmaps (i.e. strategy plans) will be developed. METRIC also explores the regional innovation potential and makes recommendations on how to support weak regions. The project will ultimately contribute to the building of a regional culture of continuous innovation that minimizes innovation risks and maximizes its returns.
- Analysis of Regional RTD Activities in Transport Sector
- Report on innovation financing across Europe
- Regional SWOT analysis
- Matrix of main principles for regional transport innovation:
- Typology of regions concerning transport innovation
- Tool-Box for adapting the success factors of innovation on a regional level
- Guide of regional transport innovation strategy
- Transport innovation roadmaps
METRIC’s main concept
METRIC bases its operating principles in three main blocks of activities: i) mapping transport research and innovation activities, ii) measuring the performance of regional innovation frameworks and iii) analysing the main principles and typology of regional innovation. The project will deliver a set of recommendations on innovative strategies for regions along with a set of innovation roadmaps based on best practices. The Smart Specialization Platform (S3P) approach will be used for the development of roadmaps and a transport sector specific S3P strategy will be put forward. This aims to become the basis for Structural Fund investments in R&I contributing to the development of the Cohesion Policy.